Rental property owners that owned the property at the time of the disaster may qualify if the property meets certain criteria and complies with affordability requirements.
Seasonal, short-term and vacation rental properties are not eligible for assistance.
The The Rebuild Florida Housing Repair and Replacement Program manages and completes the construction process for the repair or reconstruction of damaged rental properties on behalf of rental property owners.
- Repairs to, reconstruction or replacement of rental units, including bringing the units into code compliance and providing resiliency for future storms.
- Completion of work on rental properties that have been partially repaired.
- Repair or replacement of manufactured and mobile homes.
Valid Photo I.D. and Proof of Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident Status for Applicant
- You’ll need a valid Photo I.D. and Proof of Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident Status for Applicant
Income Documentation for All Adult Household Members (18+)
- Most recent tax returns (IRS 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) signed and submitted, OR
- Documentation of Income
Proof of All Insurance Covering the Damaged Property
- Homeowner’s Insurance Policy Number
- Flood Insurance Policy Number
Proof of Ownership
You’ll need to provide proof of ownership
Households with children under the age of 18 must submit:
- Birth certificate, U.S. Passport or State-issued ID for at least one child
If a household member is disabled, provide 1 of the following:
- Social Security Disability Statement
- Letter from doctor stating applicant qualifies as disabled
- Verification of Disability Form
- Disability exemption on homesteaded property
Applicant’s Power of Attorney documentation
- Applicant’s Power of Attorney documentation necessary in certain situations
Proof of Damage and Benefit Information:
(Provide all that apply)
- Insurance claim information
- FEMA award letter
- SBA award letter
- Certification of damage
Certifications and Authorizations
- Consent and Release of Personal Information Form
- Fraud Acknowledgement Regarding False or Misleading Statements Certification
- Right of Entry (ROE) Permit Form
- This list comprises documents necessary to complete your application.
- After your initial application is submitted, a Rebuild Florida Case Manager will advise you of any additional required documentation.
- Translation services are available through the Rebuild Florida Customer Center 888-530-3025 and at Rebuild Florida Centers
- Questions can be sent to [email protected]
- All records must be from September and October 2018, the month preceding or in which Hurricane Michael occurred, and must match the name and damaged property address on the application.
- All information provided to the program will be verified.
- For additional program information and updates, visit RebuildFlorida.gov.