The Program focuses on serving households that meet the following quick reference criteria.
You owned and occupied your property at the time of Hurricane Michael, and you still own the property.
Your household is income-qualified.
“Income-qualified” means that your household income meet’s HUD’s low-and-moderate income requirements. For example, a household of four in Bay County with a household income that does not exceed $55,500 may qualify.
- Households earning more than the income limits are not prohibited from applying as noted above and will be served after households that are more vulnerable and at-risk have been prioritized.
- View a PDF of HUD’s income-limit information for households with 1-8 members
Your home still has documented and unrepaired damage from Hurricane Michael
Your home still has documented and unrepaired damage from Hurricane Michael, and you did not receive sufficient funding (or any funding) to repair your home from other sources such as FEMA, SBA, private insurance.
Valid Photo I.D. and Proof of Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident Status for Applicant
- You’ll need a valid Photo I.D. and Proof of Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident Status for Applicant
Income Documentation for All Adult Household Members (18+)
- Most recent tax returns (IRS 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ) signed and submitted, OR
- Documentation of Income
Proof of All Insurance Covering the Damaged Property
- Homeowner’s Insurance Policy Number
- Flood Insurance Policy Number
Proof of Ownership
You’ll need to provide proof of ownership
Households with children under the age of 18 must submit:
- Birth certificate, U.S. Passport or State-issued ID for at least one child
If a household member is disabled, provide 1 of the following:
- Social Security Disability Statement
- Letter from doctor stating applicant qualifies as disabled
- Verification of Disability Form
- Disability exemption on homesteaded property
Applicant’s Power of Attorney documentation
- Applicant’s Power of Attorney documentation necessary in certain situations
Proof of Damage and Benefit Information:
(Provide all that apply)
- Insurance claim information
- FEMA award letter
- SBA award letter
- Certification of damage
Certifications and Authorizations
- Consent and Release of Personal Information Form
- Fraud Acknowledgement Regarding False or Misleading Statements Certification
- Right of Entry (ROE) Permit Form
- This list comprises documents necessary to complete your application.
- After your initial application is submitted, a Rebuild Florida Case Manager will advise you of any additional required documentation.
- Translation services are available through the Rebuild Florida Customer Center 888-530-3025 and at Rebuild Florida Centers
- Questions can be sent to [email protected]
- All records must be from September and October 2018, the month preceding or in which Hurricane Michael occurred, and must match the name and damaged property address on the application.
- All information provided to the program will be verified.
- For additional program information and updates, visit RebuildFlorida.gov.